Reserve your annual Hawaiian eye Sunset Whale Watch Sail
It's that time again. Set the stage for another great Big Island night! Highlighted by Hawaii 's magnificent views of the Kohala Coast and Haleakala and Maui across the channel, this evening's relaxing Whale Watching Cruise offers the chance get with new and old friends, sip a cool beverage and enjoy delicious pupus while witnessing first-hand, the beauty of Hawaii’s Gentle Giants – the Humpback Whale. It's also common in the waters off of the Big Island to see pods of hundreds of dolphins swimming past your boat.
These majestic humpback whales get their name from their style of exposing their dorsal fin when they dive, which gives them a humped appearance.
Your Captain will provide an informative narration of how this North Pacific group of Humpbacks migrates from coastal Alaska starting in November and congregate mostly in the Hawaiian waters. With adults reaching sizes of up to 45 feet and 80,000 pounds, these Humpbacks come to Hawaii mainly to give birth and to mate.
Enjoy a wonderfully informative late afternoon whale watch sail with a great captain and crew!
- Exclusive Round-Trip hotel transfers
- Exclusive sailing catamaran
- Open Bar with rum, vodka, gin, scotch whiskey and mixers, local beers, white wine
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Light pupus
- All driver, captain & crew gratuities and taxes
What To Know:
- Remember to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- 3:35 pm Participants gather at the hotel's lower lobby bus departure area
- 3:45 pm Participants depart for Sunset Whale Watch Cruise
- 4:15 pm - 6:15 pm Exclusive Sunset Whale Watch Sail
- 6:45 pm - 7:00 pm - Approximate return to Waikoloa and the hotel
Check-In / Depart Location:
- Your transportation will depart from the hotel's lower lobby bus departure area at 3:45 pm
This event is exclusive to Hawaii Eye participants and their guests.
- No cancellations can be accepted or refunds provided after January 14, 2019.
- Sunset sails canceled prior to January 14, 2019, will be refunded in full less a 15% cancellation service charge.
Event Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, only
Space is limited. This event always sells out.
Cost: $189.00 per person (tax inclusive)
Reserve your Exclusive Sunset Whale Watch Sail below.